Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon September 23, 2013
Second Person Dies From Murray House Explosion
The Kentucky State Police has been notified by the Nashville Medical Examiner’s Office that Barbara Parker, age 70, of Murray died at the Vanderbilt Medical Center on Friday. Parker is the second person to die from injuries after a house explosion on Cook Store Trail in Calloway County. 71-year-old Kenneth Story died on the scene. Kentucky Fire Marshal Bill Swopesays the most likely cause of the September 14 explosion was a leak in a liquid propane line. Kentucky State Police spokesman Jay Thomas says investigators haven't found any signs of foul play.