Most Active Stories
- Strong Winter Storm Bringing Significant Snow and Ice Accumulations
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Preserving Our Voices 2013
Mon November 12, 2012
Second Evacuation Ordered for Louisville Derailment
People living within a half-mile radius of the site of a Paducah & Louisville Railway derailment in Jefferson County are facing another set of evacuations. Emergency Management Spokesperson Jody Duncan says the evacuation affects 31 homes. That is just a fraction of those affected in the initial evacuation almost two weeks ago after a chemical fire erupted at the site.
The evacuation begins Tuesday when work to remove hydrogen fluoride and butadiene from four rail tanker cars begins. Duncan says officials from P & L Railway officials are visiting each home to give residents pre-paid hotel information.