Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Mon November 12, 2012
Second Evacuation Ordered for Louisville Derailment
People living within a half-mile radius of the site of a Paducah & Louisville Railway derailment in Jefferson County are facing another set of evacuations. Emergency Management Spokesperson Jody Duncan says the evacuation affects 31 homes. That is just a fraction of those affected in the initial evacuation almost two weeks ago after a chemical fire erupted at the site.
The evacuation begins Tuesday when work to remove hydrogen fluoride and butadiene from four rail tanker cars begins. Duncan says officials from P & L Railway officials are visiting each home to give residents pre-paid hotel information.