Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon November 12, 2012
Second Evacuation Ordered for Louisville Derailment
People living within a half-mile radius of the site of a Paducah & Louisville Railway derailment in Jefferson County are facing another set of evacuations. Emergency Management Spokesperson Jody Duncan says the evacuation affects 31 homes. That is just a fraction of those affected in the initial evacuation almost two weeks ago after a chemical fire erupted at the site.
The evacuation begins Tuesday when work to remove hydrogen fluoride and butadiene from four rail tanker cars begins. Duncan says officials from P & L Railway officials are visiting each home to give residents pre-paid hotel information.