Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Mon November 12, 2012
Second Evacuation Ordered for Louisville Derailment
People living within a half-mile radius of the site of a Paducah & Louisville Railway derailment in Jefferson County are facing another set of evacuations. Emergency Management Spokesperson Jody Duncan says the evacuation affects 31 homes. That is just a fraction of those affected in the initial evacuation almost two weeks ago after a chemical fire erupted at the site.
The evacuation begins Tuesday when work to remove hydrogen fluoride and butadiene from four rail tanker cars begins. Duncan says officials from P & L Railway officials are visiting each home to give residents pre-paid hotel information.