Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu January 2, 2014
Science Guy Bill Nye to Debate Creation Museum Founder
MSU’s Presidential Lecturer, Science Guy Bill Nye will debate the founder of Northern Kentucky’s Creation Museum, the day after his speech in Murray.
Nye’s free presentation in Murray is February 3rd at the CFSB center. The following day the Creation Museum hosts the debate between museum founder Ken Ham and the former host of a popular youth science show.
Nye has been critical of creationists who assert that the Old Testament is a literal account of the earth's beginnings.
Last year in an online video that drew nearly six million views, Nye said teaching creationism was bad for children. The video prompted a response video from the Creation Museum and Ham later challenged him to a debate.
The event will be titled "Is Creation A Viable Model of Origins?" The museum is planning to charge admission.