Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri March 27, 2009
School Consolidation Hearing
By Angela Hatton
Paducah, KY – A judge will hear both sides of a school consolidation debate in McCracken County next week. The Citizens for Academic Achievement have filed a motion to stop consolidation of the district's three high schools. C-F-A-A member Ed Riley says many community members feel the school board has not been open in sharing their plans for the new school and have requested a jury trial on the issue. The district held a series of public meetings last fall and winter for family comment and information. The School Board has filed a counter motion to dismiss the case.