Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon March 23, 2009
School Bus Crash
By Carrie Pond
Hopkinsville, KY – A school bus crash in Christian County this morning sent several people to the hospital. Hopkinsville resident Lorna Crowe struck the side of a Special Needs bus after running a red light on the Hopkinsville by-pass. Crowe and her 11-year-old passenger sustained head and face injuries and were taken to Jennie Stuart Hospital. Initial reports indicate that neither Crowe nor her passenger was wearing a seatbelt. A monitor on the school bus sustained knee and elbow injuries. Three juveniles were on board at the time of the crash, but were not injured.