Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Mon March 23, 2009
School Bus Crash
By Carrie Pond
Hopkinsville, KY – A school bus crash in Christian County this morning sent several people to the hospital. Hopkinsville resident Lorna Crowe struck the side of a Special Needs bus after running a red light on the Hopkinsville by-pass. Crowe and her 11-year-old passenger sustained head and face injuries and were taken to Jennie Stuart Hospital. Initial reports indicate that neither Crowe nor her passenger was wearing a seatbelt. A monitor on the school bus sustained knee and elbow injuries. Three juveniles were on board at the time of the crash, but were not injured.