Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri February 12, 2010
School Board Debates Paducah Tilghman High Renovation
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah school board members yesterday approved the final details for the first phase of renovating Paducah Tilghman High School. Board members exchanged heated opinions before reaching a decision to replace the 50-year-old glass blocks that line parts of the school building. The Paducah Sun reports board member Bill Black has been pushing for preserving the glass blocks for three months against the advice of the school's hired architect, claiming it will cost less. Chairwoman Danette Humphrey says it's important to install new blocks to give the school a clean look and reduce energy costs. The decision passed with 3-2 vote.