Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri September 10, 2010
School Board Campaign Contributions
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – A federal judge has suspended a law limiting campaign contributions in Kentucky school board races. The ruling lifts a $100 cap, making candidates eligible for the $1,000 limit from individual contributors allowed in other races. U.S. District Judge Danny Reeves in Frankfort ruled the limit unconstitutionally restricts a candidate's right to free association. The American Civil Liberties Union filed the suit on behalf of a Louisville school board candidate.