Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Fri September 10, 2010
School Board Campaign Contributions
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – A federal judge has suspended a law limiting campaign contributions in Kentucky school board races. The ruling lifts a $100 cap, making candidates eligible for the $1,000 limit from individual contributors allowed in other races. U.S. District Judge Danny Reeves in Frankfort ruled the limit unconstitutionally restricts a candidate's right to free association. The American Civil Liberties Union filed the suit on behalf of a Louisville school board candidate.