Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri May 1, 2009
School for autistic children opens in Kentucky
By Ron Smith
Murray, KY – Approximately half a million children in the US have an autism-related disorder, and the parents of those children face a host of challenges, not the least of which is identifying appropriate therapy for their child and then finding the right program. Until recently, Kentuckians had nowhere to go in-state for therapy; but a new school in eastern Kentucky, the first of its kind, could be a model for other schools throughout the Commonwealth. Kentucky Public Radio's Ron Smith paid a visit and has this report.