Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Fri May 1, 2009
School for autistic children opens in Kentucky
By Ron Smith
Murray, KY – Approximately half a million children in the US have an autism-related disorder, and the parents of those children face a host of challenges, not the least of which is identifying appropriate therapy for their child and then finding the right program. Until recently, Kentuckians had nowhere to go in-state for therapy; but a new school in eastern Kentucky, the first of its kind, could be a model for other schools throughout the Commonwealth. Kentucky Public Radio's Ron Smith paid a visit and has this report.