Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Tue May 28, 2013
Scenic Tennessee Launches Anti-Litter Campaign
The nonprofit group Scenic Tennessee is promoting an anti-litter campaign combining music, scenic photography and community cleanups with online videos and social networking. The effort begins June 1st with a month-long Pickin' Up Tennessee tour designed to drive home the campaign's message: Love the land. Lose the litter. Pickin' Up Tennessee has enlisted musicians in 20 tour locations to provide a soundtrack for the campaign. Organizers are now seeking clean-up volunteers.
According to the Tennessee Department of Transportation, last fiscal year more than 23 million pounds of litter were collected from county, state route and interstate roadsides. The schedule of events is online at PickinUpTN.org.