Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue May 28, 2013
Scenic Tennessee Launches Anti-Litter Campaign
The nonprofit group Scenic Tennessee is promoting an anti-litter campaign combining music, scenic photography and community cleanups with online videos and social networking. The effort begins June 1st with a month-long Pickin' Up Tennessee tour designed to drive home the campaign's message: Love the land. Lose the litter. Pickin' Up Tennessee has enlisted musicians in 20 tour locations to provide a soundtrack for the campaign. Organizers are now seeking clean-up volunteers.
According to the Tennessee Department of Transportation, last fiscal year more than 23 million pounds of litter were collected from county, state route and interstate roadsides. The schedule of events is online at PickinUpTN.org.