Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue May 28, 2013
Scenic Tennessee Launches Anti-Litter Campaign
The nonprofit group Scenic Tennessee is promoting an anti-litter campaign combining music, scenic photography and community cleanups with online videos and social networking. The effort begins June 1st with a month-long Pickin' Up Tennessee tour designed to drive home the campaign's message: Love the land. Lose the litter. Pickin' Up Tennessee has enlisted musicians in 20 tour locations to provide a soundtrack for the campaign. Organizers are now seeking clean-up volunteers.
According to the Tennessee Department of Transportation, last fiscal year more than 23 million pounds of litter were collected from county, state route and interstate roadsides. The schedule of events is online at PickinUpTN.org.