Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Tue May 28, 2013
Scenic Tennessee Launches Anti-Litter Campaign
The nonprofit group Scenic Tennessee is promoting an anti-litter campaign combining music, scenic photography and community cleanups with online videos and social networking. The effort begins June 1st with a month-long Pickin' Up Tennessee tour designed to drive home the campaign's message: Love the land. Lose the litter. Pickin' Up Tennessee has enlisted musicians in 20 tour locations to provide a soundtrack for the campaign. Organizers are now seeking clean-up volunteers.
According to the Tennessee Department of Transportation, last fiscal year more than 23 million pounds of litter were collected from county, state route and interstate roadsides. The schedule of events is online at PickinUpTN.org.