Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu October 15, 2009
By Chad Lampe
Murray, KY – State officials are warning Kentucky residents to look out for scammers.
The Kentucky Department of Financial Institutions has released
its yearly list of the top 10 investor traps. Shonita Bossier,
director of the DFI securities division, says investors should
resist the temptation to put money into "too good to be true"
offers. Bossier says the struggling economy may pose a pressure,
but investors should be alert and not fall into a trap.
This year's possible investment traps include natural resources
investments, Ponzi schemes, leveraged exchange-traded funds and
real estate investment schemes. The complete list is available
online at www.kfi.ky.gov/public/invest.htm.