Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed May 7, 2014
Saturday Symphony Sing-Off Features A Capella AcoUstiKats
This Saturday's Symphony Sing-Off at Harrah's Metropolis features a special performance by UK's male a-cappella group, the AcoUstiKats, including Paducah natives. Kate Lochte learns more about the event with Paducah Symphony Executive Director Daniel Sene and acoUstiKats' Jordan Lindsey on Sounds Good.
"Well, (the bond) is a little bit tough to put into words, but I'll try. One of the really unique things about us is that it takes a really special group of guys who can spend as much time together as we do and not end up killing each other. SO we make sure that we save a lot of time to have cookouts or just to sit around and watch TV or just hang out outside of rehearsals so that we can really et to know each other. I've always thought that the better you get to know someone that you're working with, the more effectively you can work with them."
The performance is Saturday, May 10 at 6 p.m. at Harrah's Metropolis on 100 East Front St. Tickets are $60, $500 for a table.
Meet the acoUstiKats: