Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed May 7, 2014
Saturday Symphony Sing-Off Features A Capella AcoUstiKats
This Saturday's Symphony Sing-Off at Harrah's Metropolis features a special performance by UK's male a-cappella group, the AcoUstiKats, including Paducah natives. Kate Lochte learns more about the event with Paducah Symphony Executive Director Daniel Sene and acoUstiKats' Jordan Lindsey on Sounds Good.
"Well, (the bond) is a little bit tough to put into words, but I'll try. One of the really unique things about us is that it takes a really special group of guys who can spend as much time together as we do and not end up killing each other. SO we make sure that we save a lot of time to have cookouts or just to sit around and watch TV or just hang out outside of rehearsals so that we can really et to know each other. I've always thought that the better you get to know someone that you're working with, the more effectively you can work with them."
The performance is Saturday, May 10 at 6 p.m. at Harrah's Metropolis on 100 East Front St. Tickets are $60, $500 for a table.
Meet the acoUstiKats: