Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Tue December 4, 2012
Saputo Buys Morningstar Foods
Canadian food company Saputo closed a $1.45 billion deal this week to buy Morningstar food brands. Morningstar has 10 manufacturing plants, including one in Murray that's home to 250 employees.
Saputo corporate spokeswoman Sandy Vassiadis says the deal is set to close at the end of December. Vassiadis says Saputo does not plan to make any changes to Morningstar's operations. She says company officials visited all the manufacturing plants, and found them well run.
Saputo is the world’s 12th largest dairy producer. Morningstar produces a variety of dairy items, and Saputo officials hope the acquisition will broaden the company’s product line.