Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Wed November 25, 2009
The Santa Project helps families ease holiday spending
By Caleb Campbell
Murray, KY – The Calloway County Resource Center is bringing gifts to children again this year though the program. Last year, the project served more than 775 children, with of those being sponsored. To sponsor a child, one can spend anywhere between $75 and $100 on clothes, toys and educational games to donate to the charitable project. Michelle Hanson is a coordinator at the resource center.
Depending on the age of the child, we tried to match them up with their wants and desires were, along with the things the family told they might need.
Applications are still available for families who want to take advantage of the Santa Project. Sponsors and volunteers are encouraged to stop by the Resource Center to find out more.