Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed October 3, 2012
Salvage Expert at Site of LST 325 Grounding
A salvage expert is surveying the site of a grounded World War II-era ship in Lake Barkley. U. S. Coast Guard Spokesman Lieutenant Dan McQuate says a salvage plan could be submitted today, depending on how complicated moving the ship will be. The U.S.S. LST 325 ran aground in shallow water Monday night after it left the navigation channel for unknown reasons.
The ship landed troops on the beaches of Normandy during World War II, and is a now a tourist attraction based in Evansville, Ind.