Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Wed October 3, 2012
Salvage Expert at Site of LST 325 Grounding
A salvage expert is surveying the site of a grounded World War II-era ship in Lake Barkley. U. S. Coast Guard Spokesman Lieutenant Dan McQuate says a salvage plan could be submitted today, depending on how complicated moving the ship will be. The U.S.S. LST 325 ran aground in shallow water Monday night after it left the navigation channel for unknown reasons.
The ship landed troops on the beaches of Normandy during World War II, and is a now a tourist attraction based in Evansville, Ind.