Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu December 20, 2012
Sales Of Existing Homes Hit Three-Year High
Originally published on Thu December 20, 2012 10:04 am
There was a 5.9 percent rise in sales of previously owned homes in November from October, the National Association of Realtors says.
At their 5.04 million annual rate, sales were the highest since November 2009.
"Momentum continues to build," NAR chief economist Lawrence Yun says in the organization's report.
As Reuters notes, "the U.S. housing market tanked on the eve of the 2007-09 recession and has yet to fully recover, but steady job creation has helped the housing sector this year, when it is expected to add to economic growth for the first time since 2005."
Earlier today, there was word that third-quarter economic growth has been revised upward again.