Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Wed October 15, 2008
Safety Grants Awarded
By Todd Hatton
Paducah, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear yesterday awarded over 179 thousand dollars in federally-funded grants to 10 western Kentucky agencies to assist in efforts to curb speeding and impaired driving and promote seat belt usage.
Beshear made the announcement at an event at Lourdes Hospital in Paducah and said the grants underscored his administration's commitment to public safety on the Commonwealth's roads.
Police departments in Paducah, Mayfield, Eddyville and Cadiz each received a share of the funds, along with the Ballard, Calloway, Fulton, Marshall, and McCracken county sheriff's offices. The Marshall County Health Department also received a portion of the award.