Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Upcoming State Budget Deficit Could Exceed $400 million
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
Wed October 15, 2008
Safety Grants Awarded
By Todd Hatton
Paducah, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear yesterday awarded over 179 thousand dollars in federally-funded grants to 10 western Kentucky agencies to assist in efforts to curb speeding and impaired driving and promote seat belt usage.
Beshear made the announcement at an event at Lourdes Hospital in Paducah and said the grants underscored his administration's commitment to public safety on the Commonwealth's roads.
Police departments in Paducah, Mayfield, Eddyville and Cadiz each received a share of the funds, along with the Ballard, Calloway, Fulton, Marshall, and McCracken county sheriff's offices. The Marshall County Health Department also received a portion of the award.