Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue June 3, 2014
Ruth Baggett Gallery Hosts Solo Show, "Jane Bright Landscapes"
In her 8th decade, Paducah painter Jane Bright opens her first solo show at Ruth Baggett Gallery this Saturday. "Jane Bright Landscapes" runs June 7 through July 4 at 1025 Jefferson in Paducah. There's an opening reception Saturday from 5 to 8 p.m. Kate speaks with Bright on Sounds Good.
Bright has painted alongside Paducah art icons such as Mary Yeiser, Bob Evans, Virginia Black and Jerry Watson. She has studied with Admiral Gene Paro and Burnett Sasseen at Paducah Community College, Bill Fletcher of Lexington, Joy Thomas of Murray, Carol Myers in Mexico, Barrett Edwards of Naples, Florida and others.