Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Tue June 3, 2014
Ruth Baggett Gallery Hosts Solo Show, "Jane Bright Landscapes"
In her 8th decade, Paducah painter Jane Bright opens her first solo show at Ruth Baggett Gallery this Saturday. "Jane Bright Landscapes" runs June 7 through July 4 at 1025 Jefferson in Paducah. There's an opening reception Saturday from 5 to 8 p.m. Kate speaks with Bright on Sounds Good.
Bright has painted alongside Paducah art icons such as Mary Yeiser, Bob Evans, Virginia Black and Jerry Watson. She has studied with Admiral Gene Paro and Burnett Sasseen at Paducah Community College, Bill Fletcher of Lexington, Joy Thomas of Murray, Carol Myers in Mexico, Barrett Edwards of Naples, Florida and others.