Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue March 25, 2014
Russian Photojournalists Present "From Sochi to Paducah" at Paducah School of Art & Design
Work by award-winning Russian photojournalists Oksana Yushko and Arthur Bondar are featured in a program titled "From Sochi to Paducah" at the Paducah School of Art and Design. The school's dean Paul Aho joins Kate on Sounds Good to preview this collaboration with the Paducah Arts Alliance.
"It engages the viewer in something bigger, perhaps, and that's where the documentary aspect comes in, I suppose, it's something bigger than just the visual experiences looking at what we might think of as a traditional documentary photographic."
Yushko is a freelance photographer who has been working in professional journalism since 2006. Her work has been published in The New York Times, Mare Magazine (Germany), Guardian (UK), Russian Reporter, Esquire and Financial Times. Bondar has been working as a journalist since 2007. He exhibits his work worldwide and was recently named the "Best Photographer of the Year in Ukraine."
The presentation is Wednesday, March 26 at 12:30 p.m. at the Paducah School of Art and Design on 409 Broadway Street.