Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon March 31, 2014
Russian City Honors Oscarless Leonardo DiCaprio
Originally published on Mon March 31, 2014 6:55 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Leonardo DiCaprio's been nominated for four Oscars. He's 0-for-four but he's getting love from a Russian city that knows a thing or two about feeling down and out. Chelyabinsk is a polluted industrial place. Oh, and it was hit by a meteorite last year. A region nearby is known for producing cast iron and cast iron sculptures.
Now a theater company in Chelyabinsk wants to give DiCaprio a three-pound figurine in the shape of a bodybuilder. They're calling the statue an Ascar. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.