Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon March 31, 2014
Russian City Honors Oscarless Leonardo DiCaprio
Originally published on Mon March 31, 2014 6:55 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Leonardo DiCaprio's been nominated for four Oscars. He's 0-for-four but he's getting love from a Russian city that knows a thing or two about feeling down and out. Chelyabinsk is a polluted industrial place. Oh, and it was hit by a meteorite last year. A region nearby is known for producing cast iron and cast iron sculptures.
Now a theater company in Chelyabinsk wants to give DiCaprio a three-pound figurine in the shape of a bodybuilder. They're calling the statue an Ascar. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.