Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon March 31, 2014
Russian City Honors Oscarless Leonardo DiCaprio
Originally published on Mon March 31, 2014 6:55 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Leonardo DiCaprio's been nominated for four Oscars. He's 0-for-four but he's getting love from a Russian city that knows a thing or two about feeling down and out. Chelyabinsk is a polluted industrial place. Oh, and it was hit by a meteorite last year. A region nearby is known for producing cast iron and cast iron sculptures.
Now a theater company in Chelyabinsk wants to give DiCaprio a three-pound figurine in the shape of a bodybuilder. They're calling the statue an Ascar. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.