Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue December 4, 2012
Rumors of Ashley Judd U.S. Senate Run Increase
New rumors are popping up about the possibility of actress Ashley Judd running for U.S. Senate in Kentucky.
Judd has fueled the rumor mill for weeks as a high-profile candidate to run against Senator Mitch McConnell in 2014.
And now, the DC-based Politico says Judd is ramping up those considerations by talking with current Senators and pollsters.
But many state Democrats, including Auditor Adam Edelen and House Speaker Greg Stumbo, say they aren’t in favor of a Judd candidacy.
Another rumored candidate, Louisville businessman Matthew Barzun, is reportedly also in the running to be ambassador to Great Britain.
If Barzun were to land a high level ambassador post, he would be unlikely to run for public office.