Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue December 4, 2012
Rumors of Ashley Judd U.S. Senate Run Increase
New rumors are popping up about the possibility of actress Ashley Judd running for U.S. Senate in Kentucky.
Judd has fueled the rumor mill for weeks as a high-profile candidate to run against Senator Mitch McConnell in 2014.
And now, the DC-based Politico says Judd is ramping up those considerations by talking with current Senators and pollsters.
But many state Democrats, including Auditor Adam Edelen and House Speaker Greg Stumbo, say they aren’t in favor of a Judd candidacy.
Another rumored candidate, Louisville businessman Matthew Barzun, is reportedly also in the running to be ambassador to Great Britain.
If Barzun were to land a high level ambassador post, he would be unlikely to run for public office.