Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue July 28, 2009
Ronnie James Assists Driver from Car Fire
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah business-owner Ronnie James assisted a driver of an SUV on fire on the John Puryear Drive overpass yesterday. James pulled over when he noticed a Jeep Cherokee stopped with its emergency lights flashing and its sole occupant seemingly unaware that fire was shooting from the undercarriage. James told the driver to get out and stopped traffic both ways until emergency responders arrived. He is the owner and operator of James Marine and has been a special deputy for around 14 years.