Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Mon May 21, 2012
Ron Paul Spares Son Awkward Primary
Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul has prevented a potentially awkward situation for his son, U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, by effectively ending his campaign before Kentucky's primary.
Ron Paul was expected to take a shellacking from presumed GOP nominee Mitt Romney on Tuesday despite the popularity of his son, Kentucky's tea party darling who rose from relative obscurity as a Bowling Green eye surgeon to become one of the state's most popular political figures. President Barack Obama faces what could be a prickly position himself in Kentucky. Voters have two options on the ballot: Obama or Uncommitted. Two weeks ago in neighboring West Virginia, a prison inmate received 41 percent of the vote against Obama. Some have questioned whether Obama, who isn't all that popular in Kentucky, could face another embarrassment.