Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon September 17, 2012
ROMP may move up 2013 dates
Organizers of the annual ROMP bluegrass festival in Owensboro are considering a change in next year's dates. The festival is usually held during the last weekend in June, but organizers are polling fans to see if they would favor moving it up to the last weekend in May. International Bluegrass Music Museum executive director Gabrielle Gray says organizers want to keep their audience happy, safe and cooler, if possible. The proposed 2013 dates for the festival are either May 30th to June 1st or June 27th through the 29th. Gray says the dates for next year's festival will be announced on or before September 24th, when the museum's board of trustees meets in Nashville. Fans can cast their votes at ROMP fest dot com.