Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu January 26, 2012
Romney and Gingrich File in Kentucky
By Associated Press
Frankfort, KY – Republican presidential hopefuls Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich are the only two candidates to officially enter Kentucky's May 22 primary election so far. Gingrich made the ballot Wednesday. Romney filed last week. Ron Paul and Rick Santorum are also expected to meet the state's Tuesday deadline. Because of the timing of Kentucky's primary, presidential nominees typically are decided before Kentucky voters have their say. But the Commonwealth could be important in an especially close race.