Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Mon August 13, 2012
Rocky Adkins Remembers Mike Haydon
Kentucky House Majority Leader Rocky Adkins says Mike Haydon was a wise and thoughtful man. Haydon was Governor Steve Beshear’s chief of staff. He died unexpectedly Sunday an apparent heart attack at his Springfield home. He was 62. Haydon was also chief of staff to Adkins before coming to work for Beshear’s office in 2007.
Despite his considerable political skills, Adkins says, they took a back seat to Haydon’s integrity.
“He is an outstanding person. He is just an unbelievably loyal friend," said Akins. "And I’ll tell you what else he is. He is a Kentuckian. He is a Kentuckian from the top of his head to the bottom of his feet. And we’re going to miss him.”
Adkins says Haydon brought keen insights to his more than 30 years of work in local and state government. He says Haydon was a superb advisor because he was honest and willing to tell the people he worked for things they didn’t want to hear.