Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
Wed January 16, 2013
Road Conditions To Improve Throughout The Day
Highway crews continue de-icing work this morning on roadways across western Kentucky.
Many roads froze overnight, causing multiple accidents and road closures including I-24 in Lyon County, the West Kentucky Parkway in Muhlenberg County and U.S. 68 in Trigg County. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet officials say all main roads are now open to traffic. Crews are concentrating on bridges, overpasses, and other trouble spots. KYTC officials say you should use extra caution getting out this morning as some slick spots may persist into the daylight hours.