Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Thu January 22, 2009
Rising Food and Shelter Needs
By Austin Carter
Paris, TN – The national economic downturn and rising unemployment are causing an unprecedented need for emergency food and shelter in Henry County. The Paris Post-Intelligencer reports that the Emergency Food and Shelter Program's National Board is providing Henry County with a $27,589 grant to assist residents in need. Though the grant is more than $6,000 more than last year's allotment, the increased need still has city officials concerned. The majority of the funds will go to the Northwest Tennessee Economic Development Council which is the base for many local assistance programs.