Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Fri September 7, 2012
Richmond Hospital Joins Baptist Health System
The Baptist Health System in Kentucky has added a sixth hospital. Richmond’s Patti A Clay Hospital is changing its name and joining the system. The Madison County healthcare provider is now Baptist Health Richmond. CEO Todd Jones says it was either change or face a ‘sink or swim’ scenario.
“The challenges of reimbursement have put the hospital in a position where in order for them to access greater services being part of that system will allow it," Jones said. "Baptist Health is committing significant capital over the next five years to the tune of 50 million dollars for us to invest in services here at this facility.”
The hospital has already asked the state to allow the creation of a cardiac intervention program. If approved, those services could begin in early 2013. Jones says another big need is a renovation of the Richmond hospital’s emergency department.
Western Baptist Hospital in Paducah is a member of the system serving the western Kentucky and southern Illinois region.