Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu January 19, 2012
Richie Farmer Reportedly Returns Equipment
By Devin Katayama/KPR
1/19/12 – Former Agriculture Commissioner Richie Farmer has reportedly returned some of the department's missing equipment.
It was previously reported that nearly $500,000 worth of state property was either missing or unaccounted for. This was partly blamed on poor record keeping by the department, but certain records showed Farmer still had several pieces of equipment, including laptop computers and GPS units.
Officials with new Agriculture Commissioner James Comer say Farmer has since returned some of that equipment, but not all. And some of the missing equipment has since turned up.
Comer questioned the department's practices after meeting with certain employees during his transition. He requested an audit last week of the department's finances under Farmer's administration.