Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Wed November 3, 2010
Rhoads Bests Whitfield
By Angela Hatton
Madisonville, KY – Incumbent State Senator Jerry Rhoads says he's ready to focus on jobs and western Kentucky coal after winning a tough race in last night's general election. Democrat Rhoads won a third term against Republican challenger Jack Whitfield in the state's sixth district. Unofficial results put Rhoads on top by six percentage points. The Senator says the race was difficult in a year that saw a wave of anti-incumbent sentiment. For his part, Whitfield says he's proud of the campaign he ran. He hopes his focus the need to grow industry will have a lasting effect on Hopkins, Ohio, and Muhlenberg counties.