Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Tue November 2, 2010
Rex Smith to concede
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Murray, KY – It was a close race in Kentucky's 2nd District Senate race. Incumbent Bob Leeper secured his seat again over his main challenger Democrat Rex Smith by just over 900 votes. Smith says he's not made any decisions as to his political future. But thought he ran a strong campaign.
"Very pleased with our campaign, we ran a very positive campaign and if the voters are content with the status quo, who am I to argue with the voters?"
Senator Leeper was unavailable for comment. Leeper is the lone independent in Kentucky's Senate and serves as the chair of the Appropriations and Revenue Committee.