Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue November 2, 2010
Rex Smith to concede
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Murray, KY – It was a close race in Kentucky's 2nd District Senate race. Incumbent Bob Leeper secured his seat again over his main challenger Democrat Rex Smith by just over 900 votes. Smith says he's not made any decisions as to his political future. But thought he ran a strong campaign.
"Very pleased with our campaign, we ran a very positive campaign and if the voters are content with the status quo, who am I to argue with the voters?"
Senator Leeper was unavailable for comment. Leeper is the lone independent in Kentucky's Senate and serves as the chair of the Appropriations and Revenue Committee.