Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue November 2, 2010
Rex Smith to concede
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Murray, KY – It was a close race in Kentucky's 2nd District Senate race. Incumbent Bob Leeper secured his seat again over his main challenger Democrat Rex Smith by just over 900 votes. Smith says he's not made any decisions as to his political future. But thought he ran a strong campaign.
"Very pleased with our campaign, we ran a very positive campaign and if the voters are content with the status quo, who am I to argue with the voters?"
Senator Leeper was unavailable for comment. Leeper is the lone independent in Kentucky's Senate and serves as the chair of the Appropriations and Revenue Committee.