Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon September 30, 2013
Revolutionary War Soldier To Receive Grave Markings in Marshall County Cemetary
An American Revolutionary war soldier and two of his daughters will get formal grave markings in Marshall County.
Private Jess Henson and daughters Mary Molly Goodbread Henson and Jane Henson Darnall will be honored in a ceremony Sunday at the Soldier Creek Church Cemetery.
Daughters of the American Revolution member Ann Uddberg says Henson enlisted at 16 years-old with the Kings Mountain Boys.
The unit fought British loyalists along the North Carolina-South Carolina border. Uddberg says descendants of Private Henson are coming from as far as Alaska, California, Texas, Alabama and Tennessee for Sunday’s ceremony.