Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30th
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- TN Police Officer: Open Carry Gun Bill Hurts All of Us
Mon September 30, 2013
Revolutionary War Soldier To Receive Grave Markings in Marshall County Cemetary
An American Revolutionary war soldier and two of his daughters will get formal grave markings in Marshall County.
Private Jess Henson and daughters Mary Molly Goodbread Henson and Jane Henson Darnall will be honored in a ceremony Sunday at the Soldier Creek Church Cemetery.
Daughters of the American Revolution member Ann Uddberg says Henson enlisted at 16 years-old with the Kings Mountain Boys.
The unit fought British loyalists along the North Carolina-South Carolina border. Uddberg says descendants of Private Henson are coming from as far as Alaska, California, Texas, Alabama and Tennessee for Sunday’s ceremony.