Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu July 5, 2012
Revolutionary War Memorial Set for Hopkinsville
A new memorial to Revolutionary War soldiers is set to be unveiled in Hopkinsville today. A local chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution has worked since 2007 to identify seventy-one soldiers for the monument.
The chapter collected eight thousand dollars in donations, and the Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs awarded the group a matching grant to complete the work. Sons of the American Revolution chapter president Bob Fears says there are thousands of descendants of the 71 soldiers still living in Christian, Todd and Trigg counties.