Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Thu July 5, 2012
Revolutionary War Memorial Set for Hopkinsville
A new memorial to Revolutionary War soldiers is set to be unveiled in Hopkinsville today. A local chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution has worked since 2007 to identify seventy-one soldiers for the monument.
The chapter collected eight thousand dollars in donations, and the Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs awarded the group a matching grant to complete the work. Sons of the American Revolution chapter president Bob Fears says there are thousands of descendants of the 71 soldiers still living in Christian, Todd and Trigg counties.