Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu July 5, 2012
Revolutionary War Memorial Set for Hopkinsville
A new memorial to Revolutionary War soldiers is set to be unveiled in Hopkinsville today. A local chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution has worked since 2007 to identify seventy-one soldiers for the monument.
The chapter collected eight thousand dollars in donations, and the Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs awarded the group a matching grant to complete the work. Sons of the American Revolution chapter president Bob Fears says there are thousands of descendants of the 71 soldiers still living in Christian, Todd and Trigg counties.