Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu July 5, 2012
Revolutionary War Memorial Set for Hopkinsville
A new memorial to Revolutionary War soldiers is set to be unveiled in Hopkinsville today. A local chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution has worked since 2007 to identify seventy-one soldiers for the monument.
The chapter collected eight thousand dollars in donations, and the Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs awarded the group a matching grant to complete the work. Sons of the American Revolution chapter president Bob Fears says there are thousands of descendants of the 71 soldiers still living in Christian, Todd and Trigg counties.