Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon January 13, 2014
'Reverse Transfer' Program to Help TN Students Collect Credits
Tennessee universities are trying to help students who transfer from community colleges get the associate degrees they may still lack.
The state currently doesn't have a system for students who transfer from community colleges to receive an associate degree at four-year schools.
But The Tennessean reports a so-called "reverse transfer" program would allow students to collect that degree credential when requirements are met in pursuit of a bachelor's degree.
A pilot run of the program is set to begin in the fall. Officials hope to fully roll it out in the spring of 2015 and involve every public higher institution in Tennessee and some private schools.