Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri January 31, 2014
Retired Military Official Shares What It's Like in Afghanistan
Retired Lt. Col. Robert Michael "Mike" Paul spoke at Murray State University's History Department Research Forum about his time in Afghanistan.
Among other assignments, Paul served in Iraq as the Director of Intelligence, Multi-National Security Transition Command from July 2007 to July 2008 and worked as International Advisor, Afghan Ministry of Counternarcotocs from May 2007 to June 2007 and August 2008 to June 2010, and as an advisor and mentor to the Afghan National Police from June 2010 to February 2013.
Paul spoke Jan. 30 in Faculty Hall.