Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu December 12, 2013
Results Same After 7th District Recanvass
Updated 2:49 p.m.
Democrat Kim Humphrey has conceded to Republican Suzanne Miles after results from a recanvass from Tuesday’s special election showed no change in the previous tallies.
Miles won the race by more 100 votes for the 7th District state House seat.
The special election came as Democrat John Arnold of Sturgis resigned amid sexual harassment allegations from legislative staffers. The Republican win whittles away another seat of the democratic majority in the State House.