Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Thu December 12, 2013
Results Same After 7th District Recanvass
Updated 2:49 p.m.
Democrat Kim Humphrey has conceded to Republican Suzanne Miles after results from a recanvass from Tuesday’s special election showed no change in the previous tallies.
Miles won the race by more 100 votes for the 7th District state House seat.
The special election came as Democrat John Arnold of Sturgis resigned amid sexual harassment allegations from legislative staffers. The Republican win whittles away another seat of the democratic majority in the State House.