Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu December 12, 2013
Results Same After 7th District Recanvass
Updated 2:49 p.m.
Democrat Kim Humphrey has conceded to Republican Suzanne Miles after results from a recanvass from Tuesday’s special election showed no change in the previous tallies.
Miles won the race by more 100 votes for the 7th District state House seat.
The special election came as Democrat John Arnold of Sturgis resigned amid sexual harassment allegations from legislative staffers. The Republican win whittles away another seat of the democratic majority in the State House.