Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Thu January 22, 2009
Restructuring Kentucky's art institutions
By Elizabeth Kramer
Murray, KY – President elect Barack Obama's plan to aid the national economy includes $350 billion in spending on infrastructure from water systems to broadband networks. Cultural institutions aren't part of the package, but arts leaders in Kentucky and beyond are thinking more seriously about their infrastructure needs and their role in the economy. Kentucky Public Radio's Elizabeth Kramer reports.