Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu January 22, 2009
Restructuring Kentucky's art institutions
By Elizabeth Kramer
Murray, KY – President elect Barack Obama's plan to aid the national economy includes $350 billion in spending on infrastructure from water systems to broadband networks. Cultural institutions aren't part of the package, but arts leaders in Kentucky and beyond are thinking more seriously about their infrastructure needs and their role in the economy. Kentucky Public Radio's Elizabeth Kramer reports.