Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue February 17, 2009
Residents Open Home to Quilters
By Angela Hatton
Paducah, KY – With only a couple months left before the American Quilter Society Show and Contest and renovations stalling at Paducah's Executive Inn, officials are considering alternative housing options for an estimated fifteen thousand quilters. City Public Information Officer Pam Spencer says as a plan B, officials would ask residents to house AQS members. Paducah Convention and Visitor's Bureau Marketing Director Rosemarie Steele says locals have housed quilters for many years through the Home B&B program. Steele is sure if rooms aren't finished by the show in April, there will be enough volunteers to house everyone. The Executive Inn has over four hundred rooms. There is no information yet on how costs for those who have already paid for hotel rooms might be negotiated.