Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Mon April 13, 2009
Residents Blame Mayor for Dog Poisoning
By Carrie Pond
Hickman, KY – Residents whose dogs were poisoned in a Hickman neighborhood are blaming the town mayor for supplying the poison. The group of around a dozen pet owners made their accusations during last night's Hickman City Commission meeting. Mayor Charles Murphy denies the charges and says it's just gossip that has gotten out of hand. The mayor has offered to take a lie detector test if the group will pay for it. The Hickman police department is investigating the case but no witnesses have come forward.