Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue November 2, 2010
Republicans win 75th, 76th and 77th Tennessee districts
By Jacque Day
Northwest Tennessee – Republicans have unseated the Democratic representatives of northwest Tennessee's 75th, 76th and 77th state house districts. Andrew Holt bested six-term Democrat Mark Maddox by more than one thousand votes. Republican Bill Sanderson won Judy Barker's seat by a few hundred votes. In the biggest upset, Republican Tim Wirgau bested four-term incumbent Democrat Willie "Butch" Borchert by nearly 2,400 votes.