Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Sun October 12, 2008
Representative's Wife to Run in His Place
By Carrie Pond
Shepherdsville, KY – A week ago today, the Kentucky House lost one of its members in a fatal car accident. Now, the wife of the late Larry Belcher is running to fill his seat, which covers most of Bullitt County. Linda Belcher was nominated over the weekend to run in her husband's place on the November 4th ballot. In a phone interview this morning, Belcher said she was a little reluctant and asked for a few days to think it over. "This is what I think Larry would want. I just had to think about it and make sure that I could handle this. And I've had so many friends call me, and I know now that I can" Linda Belcher faces republican Trina Summers, a Shepherdsville City councilwoman.