Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Retiring Lawmaker Series
Fri May 25, 2012
Representative Mike Cherry on planned retirement
Mike Cherry has served as a democrat in the state house representative for 14 years. He’s retiring as the chair of the House State Government Committee and, as a former navy captain, the highest ranking military member of the General Assembly. Cherry represents the fourth district which includes Caldwell, Crittenden, Livingston and part of McCracken counties.
Cherry is one of four retiring west Kentucky lawmakers. On the house side all are in the majority party and in the Senate, lone retiree, Ken Winters is a republican and education committee chair.
In this interview hear reasons for Cherry's retirement which include stiff partisanship. Also, Cherry explains the massive issues facing the state retirement system, plus his reasoning for one of the nation's first pieces of legislation.