Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
It's All Politics
Thu August 30, 2012
Report: Clint Eastwood Will Make Republicans' Day
Originally published on Thu August 30, 2012 2:49 pm
"Clint Eastwood is the #gop mystery speaker for Thurs night. #cnnelections"
And NPR's Gerald Tennent, who is in the Tampa Bay Times Forum right now, says he can "confirm the band is working out the theme from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly."
Watch for Eastwood around the 10 p.m. ET hour tonight, from here in Tampa at the Republican National Convention.
As for the headlines afterward, we're open to suggestions. The NPR team has come up with a few to kick things off:
-- Eastwood: 'Play Mittsy For Me'
-- Obama's Going To Be 'Every Which Way But Reelected,' Eastwood Says
-- 'Unforgiven?' How About 'Unelected?' Eastwood Asks Obama
-- 'Feeling Lucky, America?' Eastwood Asks; 'You Should Be Now That Mitt's In Town'
Update at 3:45 p.m. ET: "USA TODAY confirmed the appearance of the actor-director with a Republican familiar with the convention schedule. The source asked for anonymity because he was not authorized to speak ahead of Eastwood's appearance tonight."