Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Thu September 10, 2009
Rep. Whitfield Comments on Obama Health Care Speech
By Chris Taylor
Washington D.C. – In response to President Obama's nationally televised address on health reform last night, 1st-district US Representative Ed Whitfield says what the president laid out is quite different from the bill currently being debated on the House floor.
Whitfield -- The puzzling thing that's so frustrating for us is that President Obama's saying one thing and Nancy Pelosi and the Democratic leadership in the House, are pushing something totally different.
Whitfield says there's no question about there being a government option in both plans, but what the President said last night seems to open the door for considering other health care reform options. Obama mentioned possibilities of a non-profit cooperative-type of system. Representative Whitfield is on the House's health sub-committee.