Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Thu September 10, 2009
Rep. Whitfield Comments on Obama Health Care Speech
By Chris Taylor
Washington D.C. – In response to President Obama's nationally televised address on health reform last night, 1st-district US Representative Ed Whitfield says what the president laid out is quite different from the bill currently being debated on the House floor.
Whitfield -- The puzzling thing that's so frustrating for us is that President Obama's saying one thing and Nancy Pelosi and the Democratic leadership in the House, are pushing something totally different.
Whitfield says there's no question about there being a government option in both plans, but what the President said last night seems to open the door for considering other health care reform options. Obama mentioned possibilities of a non-profit cooperative-type of system. Representative Whitfield is on the House's health sub-committee.