Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon November 13, 2006
By Bryan Bartlett
Murray, KY – October marked the fifth anniversary of the Taliban's flight from Afghanistan. NPR's Renee Montagne traveled extensively throughout the region last month, filing regular reports for Morning Edition and All Things Considered. On Wednesday, Morning Edition begins a multi-part series generated from those travels. Montagne examines the police force, courts and national army to find out whether those institutions can be dependable building blocks for Afghanistan as it builds its democracy.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear WKMS News Director Bryan Bartlett speak with Montagne about her recent trip to the region.