Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Fri September 11, 2009
Remembering Murray Mayor Thomas Rushing
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – This past week saw the passing of Murray Mayor H. Thomas Rushing. The last six and a half years as head of Murray's city government capped a career in government that began with Rushing's election to the city council in 1972. He also served on Murray's school board and various other committees, this in addition to his 8 years as a teacher and principal, and 30 years in banking. But a recitation of positions held can never approach the sum of a human being; so we bring the voices of some of the people who worked with him, and knew him.
Visitation for Mayor Rushing is scheduled for Friday, September 11 from 4:00 - 9:00 p.m. at JH Churchill. The funeral will be Saturday, September 12 at 11:00 a.m. at Lovett Auditorium
Most City offices will be closing at 12:00 p.m. on Friday, September 11th. If you have an emergency, please call the police department at 753-1621 or 911.