Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon August 14, 2006
Remembering "Lilli Marlene"
By Mike Freeland
Murray, KY – Music has the ability to spark memories and emotion in everyone.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Mike Freeland talk about music and radio during World War II. Mike Freeland is a World War II Veteran, a life-long broadcaster, a guest lecturer, trainer and a resident of Hopkinsville. His commentaries are a regular Monday feature during Meridian this month. On Labor Day, September 4, Mr. Freeland will offer a one-hour recreation of a World War II broadcast from Berlin.