Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon August 14, 2006
Remembering "Lilli Marlene"
By Mike Freeland
Murray, KY – Music has the ability to spark memories and emotion in everyone.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Mike Freeland talk about music and radio during World War II. Mike Freeland is a World War II Veteran, a life-long broadcaster, a guest lecturer, trainer and a resident of Hopkinsville. His commentaries are a regular Monday feature during Meridian this month. On Labor Day, September 4, Mr. Freeland will offer a one-hour recreation of a World War II broadcast from Berlin.