Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Mon August 14, 2006
Remembering "Lilli Marlene"
By Mike Freeland
Murray, KY – Music has the ability to spark memories and emotion in everyone.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Mike Freeland talk about music and radio during World War II. Mike Freeland is a World War II Veteran, a life-long broadcaster, a guest lecturer, trainer and a resident of Hopkinsville. His commentaries are a regular Monday feature during Meridian this month. On Labor Day, September 4, Mr. Freeland will offer a one-hour recreation of a World War II broadcast from Berlin.