Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue October 9, 2012
Release of State Test Results Could Be Delayed
The results of the state's new tests for public school students could be delayed until November. Board of Education officials had originally said scores would be released sometime late October. The state Department of Education has been telling school districts and members of the public for months to expect the scores from the new K-PREP tests to be lower than the scores have been for the Commonwealth Accountability Testing System, or CATS, especially in math and reading.
That's because the K-PREP tests measure new benchmarks. The department says parents will receive their children's scores about two weeks after the public release.