Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Tue October 9, 2012
Release of State Test Results Could Be Delayed
The results of the state's new tests for public school students could be delayed until November. Board of Education officials had originally said scores would be released sometime late October. The state Department of Education has been telling school districts and members of the public for months to expect the scores from the new K-PREP tests to be lower than the scores have been for the Commonwealth Accountability Testing System, or CATS, especially in math and reading.
That's because the K-PREP tests measure new benchmarks. The department says parents will receive their children's scores about two weeks after the public release.