Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri May 3, 2013
Relay for Life Raises Awareness in Murray
The American Cancer Society's Community Representative Pam Whittemore likens the Relay for Life event at Murray's Stewart Stadium this Friday night to the experience of a cancer patient: everyone's there at the diagnosis or beginning, then during treatment attention dwindles or is unwanted, and upon cure everyone's back cheering. So Friday's event opens at 7 p.m.; the Luminaria Ceremony is at 9:30; and bands play from 11 p.m. to 3 p.m. when everybody's tired and there's some attrition. Nonetheless everyone's back for the 7 a.m. awards ceremony Saturday.