Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri May 3, 2013
Relay for Life Raises Awareness in Murray
The American Cancer Society's Community Representative Pam Whittemore likens the Relay for Life event at Murray's Stewart Stadium this Friday night to the experience of a cancer patient: everyone's there at the diagnosis or beginning, then during treatment attention dwindles or is unwanted, and upon cure everyone's back cheering. So Friday's event opens at 7 p.m.; the Luminaria Ceremony is at 9:30; and bands play from 11 p.m. to 3 p.m. when everybody's tired and there's some attrition. Nonetheless everyone's back for the 7 a.m. awards ceremony Saturday.