Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Wed July 22, 2009
Reidland Homeowner Arrested While House Burns
By Chris Taylor
Reidland, KY – A Reidland man was arrested yesterday when he was unable to calm down while watching his house burn. Kentucky State Police arrested 32-year-old Michael Creech in front of his Florida Street home for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. Creech became irritated at what he felt was a slow response by Reidland-Farley firefighters, when he allegedly began to interfere with first-responders. Officials say a gas chainsaw left next to a hot water heater in Creech's utility room may have started the fire when the pilot light sparked.