Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed July 22, 2009
Reidland Homeowner Arrested While House Burns
By Chris Taylor
Reidland, KY – A Reidland man was arrested yesterday when he was unable to calm down while watching his house burn. Kentucky State Police arrested 32-year-old Michael Creech in front of his Florida Street home for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. Creech became irritated at what he felt was a slow response by Reidland-Farley firefighters, when he allegedly began to interfere with first-responders. Officials say a gas chainsaw left next to a hot water heater in Creech's utility room may have started the fire when the pilot light sparked.