Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed July 22, 2009
Reidland Homeowner Arrested While House Burns
By Chris Taylor
Reidland, KY – A Reidland man was arrested yesterday when he was unable to calm down while watching his house burn. Kentucky State Police arrested 32-year-old Michael Creech in front of his Florida Street home for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. Creech became irritated at what he felt was a slow response by Reidland-Farley firefighters, when he allegedly began to interfere with first-responders. Officials say a gas chainsaw left next to a hot water heater in Creech's utility room may have started the fire when the pilot light sparked.